- How do I get involved?
2. What is the commitment for the season & what does it cost?
The 3-8th grade season runs from early October thru mid- March. The season includes; practices, clinics, league games and weekend tournaments.The total cost for the program is $350 for grades 5-8 and $320 for grades 3&4.
The Instructional Programs for K-2 will run on Saturday Mornings and one weekday evenings for an hour and a half. The program begins in November and will wrap up by mid-February school break.
3. How often do we practice? Practices run 2 times per week for an hour and a half each practice. All players should make every effort to attend all practices. Practices are held at the Pittsford Schools (Schedule is posted for each week)
4. How many games, when and where? On average players should expect to play approximately 50 games per season. All games are played on weekends at various gym locations across Monroe County. All teams are entered in league play and various tournaments throughout the season
5. Will all players attending tryouts be placed on a team? Unfortunately there are limited facilities and thus a set number of teams can be formed. Depending upon the number of players attending the tryouts at a specific grade level determines if all players can participate. CYP tries very hard to not have cuts, particularly at grade 6 and below.
6. Who is eligible to play in the CYP program? CYP player eligibility is as follows:
- Programs for 6th grade players and below - must be a resident of Pittsford or attend a school in Pittsford
- Programs for 7th grade players and above - must attend a Pittsford Central School or be a home schooled Pittsford resident.
7. When is player registration due? What is the refund policy? Registration is due the the travel season on the last registration meeting date. There are no refunds once the registration has been completed as players have been placed on teams.
8. Can I coach/volunteer to help? Interested volunteers should contact Program Director, Don D’Amico at firstname.lastname@example.org